Friday 18 October 2013

The Owl Club.

" The Owl Club had a bar where groups of men with sunburned necks huddled together over beers and cigarettes. They all knew dad." I chose The Owl Club because it reminded me of a diner we used to go to when we lived in Dundalk. I was a large room with about 15 tables, and a long counter where people placed their orders.The food was amazing, the burgers were thick and juicy, the steaks cooked the way you wanted, and their breakfasts were perfect. If you went into the washrooms you would usually find a small group of scantly clad women smoking cigarettes. My dad usually wouldn't allow me into those washrooms unless it was an emergency. I recently found in a newspaper that they place had been shut down due to "health and safety risks".

No comments:

Post a Comment